Friday 15 October 2021

Deadlines and the Backup plan in Hacktoberfest

Deadlines for Week 2 Hacktoberfest

In week 2 of Hacktoberfest, my original pull request is delayed due to slower than normal communication, not because there are little people or issues to work with but rather the project has too many issues and pull request and there is a backlog.  Doing things in parallel with multiple issues saved me.

The Backup

 This pull request is originally planned for next week, because I will be busy with midterms and such.  However I got the chance to finish the code and I have tested it in the repo prompts-ai.  This repository has caught my interest because I knew the individual from a OpenAI Hackathon back in April.  As you know I am a machine learning enthusiast and the latest GPT-3 model has been on my hobby bucket list for some time.

The Changes

I noticed this code has 100+ stars in less than a year, but it actually doesn't build nor run properly due to outdated packages.  It is made in Typescript, in which is a programming language I have not touched this term, but would like to add to my growing list of programming languages used this term including Q#, C#, Javascript, python, etc.

I made a lot of changes to package.json shown in the picture below.

 

I touched over ten files some of which are minor changes but most noteworthy fix is the spread operator fix

As well as improvements to include the new Codex model.

Running Example

Here it can give the cords to the lyrics of the given song.

Running localhost:3000

Here is a fully humanized Chatbot in which i gave only 2 lines of input.


Conclusion

Even though this project might not be merged in time or be counted as Hacktoberfest, it signficantly helps me develop the next big GPT-3 template to further the process of singularity.  This was a worthwhile project in which I made my own opportunity. (issue#9)  The code is very well written and it is very structured.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What I learned from Project 1 of Udacity's Data Science with Python bootcamp

Introduction As part of the project I completed successfully, I used SQL to explore a database related to movie rentals. SQL queries was ran...