Friday 1 October 2021

Lab 3 - Merge Conflict and Resolution

        During Lab 3, we were suppose to continue working on our command line tool by implementing at least two features, but having to merge both changes at the same time which simulates the idea of multiple developers working on the same code.  Thus, the idea of merging is the main focus on this lab.  I made the following changes to my repo:

  • Add Support for Horizontal Rule in Markdown to HTML conversion,  issue #29
  • Exit codes for the command line tool for all possible cases, issue #28

Issue #29

  • Main change is added the following code to lib/parser/markdown.js


  • Added lab3.md and modified exampletest1.md for testing purposes
  • Other changes is fixing the current settings and undo some changes to previous commits

Issue #28

  • main code changes involved with adding error messages and putting them within proper conditions


The following are the merged changes

  • Issue # 29 9129099 merged to main branch
  • Issue # 28 090ed1d merged to main branch

        There were conflict with index.js file which I choose the correct code to commit.  The lab was a good experience of merging various code that had touched the same file and I am sure I will run into more difficult merges in the future.  Overall, I enjoyed the experience of this Lab.

Hacktoberfest here I come !




No comments:

Post a Comment

What I learned from Project 1 of Udacity's Data Science with Python bootcamp

Introduction As part of the project I completed successfully, I used SQL to explore a database related to movie rentals. SQL queries was ran...