Thursday 7 October 2021

[OSD600] First Hacktoberfest issue

Introduction

 As I was looking for a quick readme fix at the start of Hacktoberfest, I came across Microsoft's Quantum project, which piqued my interest further.  I looked at the issue number 432 and made a pull request 556

What I learned in this first pull request

I am also working on another issue in this project and hope to update the status.  What I learned is that big companies like Microsoft is careful in its documentation and licensing when working with their code.  I had to sign rights over to Microsoft for changes that were made before I can complete a pull request.  That is interesting that there is a dominant legal aspect to open source that was mentioned by David.  Although it is not the focus of this course it is how the world works.

Final Comments

I also like the collaborative effort put into open source as not all changes need to be fixed by me and the person more or less in change give helpful hints and direction to where the project is going.  I worked with the code a bit and found it interesting on how Q#, the new language used by Microsoft is so new and cutting edge.

My Quantum Repo

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I learned from Project 1 of Udacity's Data Science with Python bootcamp

Introduction As part of the project I completed successfully, I used SQL to explore a database related to movie rentals. SQL queries was ran...