Friday 26 November 2021

Lab 10: Software Release

 Introduction

This week we are looking at software releases and getting our code into the hands of users.  We are working with git tags, package managers and user testing.

Step 1: 

I am using Node.js so I picked NPM as my release method as suggested.

Step 2: Implementation

The only tricky part of this lab is needing the --access public in order to publish the package publicly.  This is the only part that I got stuck and needed to search on Google.


Other things such as having the correct version number for each iteration of release in package.json and making sure the package installs locally and works as intended.

Step 3: Tagging Releases

 This is relatively straight forward.  I created tags on main and used git to push --follow-tags.

Step 4: Do A Release

My release is located at https://www.npmjs.com/package/@ycechung/cmd-ssg, and I finalized on version 1.0.2.

Step 5/6: Update Documentation

I made sure my documentation is updated and pushed on Github.  In addition, I made sure others know about my release and tested installing my project using npx.

It is near the end. Labs are done.

Thanks for Reading,

Eugene Chung

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Xbox Kernel Code Execution in SystemOS POC Explained 2024/06

 In the Xbox wiki  code execution via Game Script UWP App, it is available currently in Microsoft store which allows the writing and executi...