Saturday 4 December 2021

Release 0.4 #1 Disaster management

Introduction

I believe at the start of the week I reset my computer, however as I tried to create a recovery drive I accidentally wiped the wrong drive which is my main backup.  Long story shot a lot of data was lost and time to reset everything.  That was last week.  I'll be real honest with this post and life happens not the way you intend, but there is hope.

 The Issues

I was only able to select a Secondary issue on IPC144 to continue my search from release 0.3.  In addition, I have to start over with the search issue and I have yet to begin looking at viable solutions due to pressure from my other courses.  Sometimes students need to be pushed to their limits in order to simulate real world scenarios where deadlines are not met in time.  The beauty of open source is that it can be picked up quickly and not all is lost as long as I push through in the end.  However this maybe another big task as I thought i was suppose to finish my previous work which is now scrapped.

As for my main issue is a combination of three issues from Telescope.  It is maintenance work on updating logger to use printing API in pino.  The relating issue is removing all elastic APM code from telescope  and update pino to make sure everything works.  I probably need a lot of help with these issues as I  have no idea how they work because they may seem trivial as a logger tool in Telescope.

Overall my motivation at the moment is low and I am sure there are many low points for everyone.  Hopefully I find the strength to push forward with these issues in the end and manage studying for my exams with my other courses. 

Kind Regards,

Eugene Chung

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I learned from Project 1 of Udacity's Data Science with Python bootcamp

Introduction As part of the project I completed successfully, I used SQL to explore a database related to movie rentals. SQL queries was ran...