Monday 6 December 2021

Release 0.4 #2 - Progress and Backup

This week I switched gears and plans for release 0.4.  I found I am inadequate with finishing the three Telescope issues and made a backup in case I am unable to solve them in time.  My backup for my main issue is participating in Advent of Code and learning and coding in python while starting out the first five days of the programming challenge for December.  I feel this is truely open source if I share my experience of how to solve some of the beginning issues so that others may see how it can be done.  I have marked the issues for my repository as #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 for each  of the five days.  I feel I am more confident in finishing this task rather than struggling with Telescope.  I am not dropping the Telescope issues yet, but I need to finish tasks where I can be allocated some marks rather than none.

Open issues have dried up significantly since Hacktoberfest, but I would like to address my previous issues that I made a pull request but did not merged by author.  One of these issues, is the Chinese chess repository the author has kindly responded and I made the corresponding changes.  Another is a pull request where the author has not responded, but I made a test Vercel website to verify that everything works at this link.  I did this because our professor mentioned in a comment during release 0.3, that he wants me to finish issues.  Thus when I have extra time I will also look into the Telescope issues.

On the note about Advent of Code it is very interesting, there is a recurring theme on each of the Days of the code and you only input an answer for each of the Days of the month.  For those who doesn't know you can have a private score board and people try and compete with each other for points and stars.  You get one star for each question completed and two for the day if you also complete the challenge part 2 for the day.  I want to thank my Algorithms professor Catherine for the idea and showing the event to us.  I feel like my ability to write better python code or any other language stretched to its limits as each day, presents a new challenge.  I made progress by finishing pull #6 and will finish the rest by end of this week.

I am also busy studying for finals like everyone else this week.

Kind Regards,

Eugene Chung

No comments:

Post a Comment

What I learned from Project 1 of Udacity's Data Science with Python bootcamp

Introduction As part of the project I completed successfully, I used SQL to explore a database related to movie rentals. SQL queries was ran...